SHERWOOD PARK, AB – August 11th and 12th will see the Sherwood Park Arena host one of the most unique events in Crusaders history, as the team is excited to announce the first-ever Crusaders 24 Hour Challenge fundraiser.
From 12:00 noon on August 11th until noon on August 12th, teams will compete in a head-to-head competition that will see the game played throughout the night on the ice at the Sherwood Park Arena. It's the Crusaders first attempt at a summer fundraiser, after the success of their annual Cocktails with the Cru event.
“It's a really unique event; from what we can tell, it's the only time that not only the Crusaders but anyone in Strathcona County has attempted to do something like this at the Arena. We feel it's a great way to kick off our 40th anniversary season officially”.
Games will begin every 1:15 and continue throughout the night. A two-game round robin will take place early in the evening, with semifinals and finals to conclude early on Sunday morning. A trophy presentation and photo opportunity will take place on August 12th following the completion of the final game. The event also marks fans first chance to interact with potential members of the 2018/2019 Crusaders, as the organization will be refereeing and volunteering through the duration of the event.
Rules for the tournament are as follows:
- Teams will require a minimum of 10 players and a maximum of 21, with a cost of $750/team
- Eight teams will be accepted into the tournament on a first come, first serve basis.
- Each team will be guaranteed two games in the tournament.
- Games will consist of three 15 minute run-time periods, with a two-minute intermission in between each period.
- Full equipment is required for all players.
- The tournament is a 16+ event.
- Teams will be required to provide their own jerseys.
- Admission for the event is free
For more information on the Crusaders 24 Hour Fundraiser, please contact Crusaders marketing and media director Spencer Love.